Solid Technology Solutions to Complete Your Digital World
Welcome to the digital consulting service that gives you reliable solutions, peace of mind, and control over your digital platform. Get relief from the burden of technology, so you can spend more time providing value to your own consumers.
You get advice on the diligent use of technology so you can:
- understand niches
- build quality content assets
- solve hair-pulling pains
- deliver results on demand
You get counsel on a range of technologies you may use to:
- establish an authority
- engage with an audience
- offer products and services
- generate revenue
You get guidance on the best-of-breed components that will:
- integrate and work together
- fulfill your requirements
- scale with your needs
- keep you up to date
Bob Olmstead: Creative Consultant & Storytelling Marketer
As a small business owner, my life is this wonderful mix of a tornado doing a two-step with an earthquake in the best possible ways.
And then it happens.
Wordpress issues. Plugin issues. Design issues. Apparently, there's this thing called CSS? Who knew!
The single feeling that most infects my brain is overwhelm. I don't understand this world and more importantly, I don't want to!
Erik immediately brings calm to the storm, providing executable solutions that work every time, plenty of humor to ease my nerves, and credible guidance. He's also a good teacher along the way.
If you're like me and have no desire to become a WordPress guru, then this is the rock star to have at the ready.
Seriously. Your stress level will drop. Your website will sing.
Technology That Actually Solves Your Business Problems
Get guidance on the infrastructure you need to:
- power your digital platform with an industry standard framework built on WordPress
- maximize user experience using free and premium plugins
- use responsive turnkey themes that work on all major browsers and devices
- optimize the speed and performance of your website
- run multivariate split tests to optimize conversion rates
- apply tweaks to help the search engines understand your intent
- handle security, backups, platform upgrades, and software updates
- get the most out of your webmaster tools and analytics software
- separate the essentials of hosting from the fluff you can ignore
- manage larger resources such as audio and video
- evolve your digital platform to meet your needs
Melissa Dinwiddie: Artist, Happiness Catalyst & Creativity Instigator
I cannot thank Erik enough for his incredible, patient, and generous assistance with my website.
Due to some issues with my web host provider, my site was out of commission on and off for days, losing me money and creating horrible customer support issues.
I was tearing my hair out, until Erik appeared!
He not only walked me through resolving a critical issue and got my site working again, but he did it with patience, humor, and grace.
I happily and enthusiastically recommend his services to anyone and everyone!
People Who Value Your Remarkable Content
Get counsel on the technologies you need to structure your content, so you can:
- serve your own members on your own digital turf
- accept payments for products or services, or to access protected areas of your website
- build courses, quizzes, surveys, and other knowledge-based management systems
- organize content to target specific member groups
- control access to pages, posts, and other resources on your domain
- schedule member access to content over specified intervals of time
- upgrade/downgrade member subscriptions to suit their needs
- create coupons and offer discounts to entice and reward new and existing members
- track and manage member transactions
- optimize your content and use research tools to enhance visitor engagement
- understand the fundamentals: post vs page, tag vs category, unique content vs syndicated content, and more
Jack Griffin: Editor
If you want to focus on your business and leave your website and other digital marketing integrations to a skilled technologist, Erik Slater is your man.
He is hands down the best consultant / service provider / digital coach that I have dealt with.
He understands business issues far better than most IT / digital consultants.
He finds the right level to explain things you want explained.
He works *fast* and accurately.
He has very broad knowledge of available digital tools and can help you choose the ones that are right for you.
I have an ongoing contract with Erik and expect to be working with him for a long time to come.
I highly recommend him!
Vibrant Communities Unique to Your Needs
Get advice on how to build a community around your core interests, enabling you to:
- gain exposure and build your reputation without the search engines
- influence thoughtful, positive engagement through social media and other digital playgrounds
- steer audiences to your benefits-driven landing pages
- adopt a permission-based approach to encourage visitors to opt into your email list
- foster relations using email autoresponders and other marketing automation features
- supply referral/affiliate links to your members, who benefit when others click and join your site
- empower your members to build new relationships and maintain contact
- post announcements to keep your members informed of content changes and new offerings
- host Q&A sessions, study groups, and other forms of high-quality, deep-level discussions
- run your own forums
- manage ongoing lists of helpful resources
Sonia Thompson: Founder
Erik is a valuable asset to have on your team.
I spent about 30 minutes chatting with him about different technologies I wanted to use to grow my business, and he gave me so many ideas and insights that it was immediately clear that I wanted him to be on my team as a key advisor and partner for technology solutions – which powers so much of what I do as a digital entrepreneur.
He brings a unique combination of experience, customer focus, and business savvy that makes him stand out among his peers.
Bill Doerr: CCO & Principal
Erik is a delightful and most talented individual.
I had the pleasure to meet Erik, and found him to be extremely competent, articulate, and client-centric.
I had an opportunity to introduce him to a colleague, who promptly engaged his demonstrated expertise in an arcane yet technical area.
Knowing I risk my reputation capital with any introduction, I have no qualms about introducing Erik to others. He makes me look better after they spend time and money with him.
He's good people. He does great work. What else do you need to decide to hire him?
Erik D. Slater: Owner, and Digital Platform Consultant -
Helping People Unlock Technology to Market Their Unique Value
Over twenty years in the corporate, small business, and startup worlds.
A reliable partner with a background in global operations, project leadership, and software engineering.
An independent consultant who:
- cares about nurturing longer-term relations with real people
- listens to understand – not to respond
- offers action-worthy solutions to problems – not answers to questions
- works to remove the derailments of technology, so you can focus on the business that serves your people
People First. Business Second. Technology Third.
Content is to “technology” as context is to “business”. If content is the foundation of a story, then context is the connection that offers value to the consumer.
People may experience the same problems as others, but for different reasons. Even though solutions are provided, mileage tends to vary depending on perceived value.
While technology evolves to meet the growing demands and complexities of the Internet marketplace, the learning process never ends. It's “agile” in its purest form.
This consulting service can work for you if you need:
- deep and wide technical expertise with an open, transparent, and versatile mindset
- advice on how to improve communication and increase engagement with your community
- counsel on ways to stay accountable to yourself, your colleagues, and your consumers
- guidance on technology that works, holds your digital destiny, and powers your digital platform